Carol Anne
• M. D. is now the AP in Hayden's mission. Hayden was very blessed to have him come visit him and spend time with him on a split. Elder W. (the other AP) spent some time with Hayden's companion. Elder D. taught Hayden so much and he enjoyed their time together. Hayden says that Elder D. is an inspired missionary who is very in-tune with the spirit and he appreciated him so much. Hayden also got to spend some time with his zone leader Elder B. They went out on splits together as well, Hayden enjoyed every second of it. He felt that together they were able to accomplish so much and learned a lot from Elder B. I am grateful for wonderful missionaries that Hayden can rub shoulders with and learn from each day! I am sure that he and M.D. had some fun— catching up on old times.
• Hayden enjoyed conference. Between the Saturday morning and the afternoon sessions he went to a "great little place to eat with his entire zone" and the food was "way good". He said, "It was his conference party away from home—Ha-ha."
• Hayden was on a split with his Zone leader on Saturday and they took 15 year old investigator—N.— to the Priesthood session. "So we went to get N. to go to the preisthood session and he didn't want to go at first but I convinced him to go and while we were on our way we put a baptismal date with him! I really hope it stays but we´ll have to see. He really liked the preisthood session but wasn't able to make it on Sunday so idk...we'll see."
Please remember everyone to keep praying for N. and his brother J. C. Be specific and pray for N's safety!
• During the Sunday session Hayden and his companion Elder M. baked cookies for two of their investigators I. and D, that are getting married on April fifteenth and baptized on the April sixteenth. I is the Doctor that they have been teaching.
"They are way cool. It was D´s birthday so we baked her cookies at the church in between sessions on Sunday. And it was TORTURE! cuz I was fasting!"
• Our first Easter box that we sent arrived I was so worried that it would not get there so I sent it way early! Did not take very long to make it to him.
"So also, I got my easter package!!! Oh and I was really surprised at how fast it came! It came like last Tuesday or something! Maybe Monday! But I didn't get it till zone meeting on Friday."Thank you so much! I have been sharing with everybody! Ha ha ha— that was also TORTURE, cuz I brought a bag of the candy to share with everybody during conference on Sunday while I was fasting! Ha ha ha— but it was ok. I have still eaten a ton! Thank you so much! It is the best! And geez! you don't have to send me another one! You guys are the best!!! I miss you a ton! I probably need to go but I love you all so— so— much and I think of you all, all the time.
(....fasting.... never was easy for Hayden! He is like a lot of the Welch's —they get a little onery when that blood sugar is low. Makes me all the more proud he is doing it. Even with Easter candy and cookies! Oh! He is —All "growed" up!)
• He made some awesome pancakes and reassured me that he is eating well and cooking.
Hayden, I, D and Elder M
Hayden's "more than awesome" pancakes!
For those of you who do not know—Hayden LOVES to cook!
Part of Hayden's zone at lunch in-between conference sessions on Saturday.
He ended his letter with this:
And thanks for the pictures! I loved them so much! And if you could still try and put some hard copies of some of the fam in that package! If not— it's ok. And I would love like a wallet size one too so I can carry it with me. Yes, of course one of you too Lexi! Well, now I really better go! All is well in the city of Nephi! Ha ha ha! I'll talk to you all next week. Love you SO much! And tell Avery hi for me! I'm sure she's already forgotten who I am. I can't beleive how old she is getting!!! Alright for real this time. Love you all! You´re all in my prayers!
Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Welch
No comments:
Post a Comment