CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A new family of three—Teaching English—And....his last Easter package FINALLY arrived!!!

Hey everybody!

       This week actually flew by. the first week of this change went by SO slow! But now it is starting to fly. We found a new family that we are teaching and they are going to get baptized hopefully at the beginning of this next month! It is a mom, a dad and their ten year old daughter. I guess the missionaries have tried to visit them and everything for a long time but the dad would never let them and didn´t want anything to do with the church untill now.  We are giving English classes at the church every Friday and Saturday at five and all three of them have been coming to all of the classes. They have also been coming to church and everything —and the dad even gave the prayer in our gospel principals class yesterday! —it is amazing how much he has progressed. The dad's name is A., the mom´s is M. and their daughter is A. They are really doing amazing. And then we have quite a few other investigators that we are working with too— but they still need a lot of work.

        But everything is going well here. We have started doing divisions with the members of the ward, so that´s helped! We reactivated this kid in the ward and he and this other kid from the ward, his friend, have been going out with us like pretty much everyday and they´re starting to prepare for their missions now! It is way cool! Their names are D. and U. Everytime the members of the ward see them with us they are way surprised and in preisthood meeting when we ask who wants to go out with us during the week, they both raised their hands and said they both wanted to come out everyday with us. The bishop and everyone else about croaked! It is way awesome. 

But yeah, so don´t worry mom, I did get all my money situation worked out. I have been being really cheep this week though so that I can have an emergency fund and not have to worry about that happening again. So after this month, I will be back to eating normal! Woo Hoo! Haha! 

Nothing else really surprising has happened this week though. 

Oh yeah! So I swear I didn´t forget! I just forgot to write about it...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!!! and HAPPY FATHER´S DAY DAD!!! You guys are the best and I promise I didn´t forget about you! 

So if you are sending a package and have room, it would be nice to maybe have like just another three-pack of those black goldtoe socks too. But other than that I think I am doing just fine. 

Everything is going well here. I can´t beleieve we are getting to the middle of the change again! That is so crazy! I'm on my way for the six month mark! How crazy is that?! Before you know it I´m going to be sitting here wishing I had longer! 

But alright, my time is just about up again. Sorry those pictures didn´t come through! I used my cord to connect my camera straight to the computer and it was kinda funky so maybe that´s what was wrong. I will see if I can borrow Elder P´s card reader next week. Oh and speaking of cords! That cord doesn´t work for that MP3 player! So idk if you want me to send the MP3 player back to you guys cuz I´m going to send a package back here soon or idk what? so just let me know what I should do. 

And I can't remember how much I have in my savings account still with Zions so could you check on that for me too? But alright I better go. I love you guys so much and I miss ya always! Oh! I got the package with the  perfect push ups! Haha—(Note from Carol Anne: We sent this package clear back at Easter time with three other packages and it never arrived. I had given up on it ever getting there. I think the timing was right and it was held for a reason. I think he needed a package last week  I sent one knowing it was not going to get there for several weeks. Funny how things work out like that. Huh? I wonder who really is in charge of things. Ha ha! —as Hayden would say!) But that´s like All I've gotten in like a month or so, I can´t remember if you had something else on the way but if you did idk...I hope it didn´t get lost! 

But alright, I can´t wait to hear from you all next week! I love you all a ton! Thank you so much for everything and thank you so much for always writing! It really is my favorite to hear from you all. You guys are the best. Until next week!

Love,

Elder Welch


P.S. Mom, Elder _________ went home! (Note from Carol Anne: I will not post his name on the blog --but he was one of Hayden's friends in the mission.)   He got real sick and they couldn´t figure out what was wrong with him so they sent him home with honors. But he told me that he is going to try and either return or fill out his papers again or something. But —That was the worst! That made me way sad. He was way sad! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment