CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Monday, October 1, 2012

This week was a LOT better!


Note from Carol Anne: One thing that I love, miss and respect about Hayden is his positive attitude. No matter how bad of a day he would have on any given day— after going to bed and waking up the next morning he would have the most positive happy attitude. Everyday was a bright new beginning! Life was good and things were always better! I admire this so much in him. You can see that he still has that amazing quality in his letter this week! It really inspires me to be a better person!


Hey!

Alright, so I don't have a ton of time this week, but I just wanted to let y'all know that this week was a lot better! We went to that new area that is far away. It's not really like a village like I made it sound last week I guess...it is just like a little town. But we have found so many member families there that used to be like the most active families in the ward and used to be super pilas but now they all have at least two years without going to church. Some even up to eight years! But they all have been so happy to see missionaries there finally! We were just walking down the road and we walked past this comedor and we just hear this voice yell "I have AGES without seeing elders around here!" Ha ha ha ha!  And it was this huge family that is like endowed and sealed in the temple and everything and just haven't been to chuch in two years! But they are excited to start getting back in the swing of things and they are going to help us out a ton! They are super nice! There are a ton of families like that there. We are going to start up like family nights and stuff with the whole area to get them all back up and running and I think it is going to like double the attendence in the ward. It is going to be super cool! And we have found a few of the kids of these families that have gotten married and their spouses aren't members but they all have wanted to get to know the church. It's super cool! We'll see how things go!.

Also I am sending some pictures of L.'s baptism. She is SO incredible! she is going to be such an amazing member. She truly has an amazing testimony of the restored gospel and knows why she got baptized. It went so well! Her husband came after all and he loved it and he is going to go with us to General Conference on Saturday and we are going to try and teach him in between sessions. V. their daughter decided to wait and support her dad with his baptism and everything and also L's mom has been talking about how she wants to get baptized too. She is already basically part of the Relief Society also though and she is going to like RS activities and everything. She just needs a little bit more preparation and her husband doesn't live here so she needs to talk to him and stuff too. But we'll see how that works out.

K— gotta go. Love you all!!! Have a good week. CONFERENCE...... CONFERENCE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Con amor,
Elder Welch


Hey Bryan,

I don't have a ton of time, but thank you so much. You are an awesome brother. I don't know what I would do without you. I promise you I will finish strong. Really strong. This is really the crucial time. Make it or break it. I love you a ton bro. We'll see ya in a few.

Con amor,

Elder Welch








No comments:

Post a Comment