I am doing great!....well, kinda, Other than my stomach...ha ha! But no, really I am doing great! How is everybody back home? As far as my stomach this is not the worst that I have had it, there was another time in Peten that I was pretty sick too, but just that time and this one. But every things alright now. And no, I'm not a little down at all! I was just talking to Elder M! He was here using internet too! And guess what!!! Our family that we were teaching is going to get baptized this Saturday!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!
So we got changes on Tuesday but they didn't explain anything to us. They just told us they would tell us later but that we could do everything with our group that went home on Thursday. So we were with them Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. We went to the temple (Aracely says hi) and then we went to Pres. and Hna. Watts' house and basically just chilled there all day! We ate lunch and talked and made like our one scrap-book page for Hna Watts and then we sat down and had a really awesome testimony meeting. After that we went back to the Assistants house and slept. The next day, we still didn't know what our assignment was, so in the morning we just went with the Assistants to help them a little bit with the training meeting for the new missionaries that came in. Then we went straight from that to the conference with Elder Cristopherson! That was amazing!!!!!! And then we went and stayed at the Assistants' house again. Still not knowing our assignment! Ha ha! But President called and told us that he wanted to meet with us the next morning. So we went to the office and we had a meeting with him and the Assistants. OK, so I have made you wait long enough.....Ha ha!... Alright, so here's the deal. I don't have a new area. My companion's name is Elder O. I entered into the mission field with him, so he was supposed to go home this coming change but he extended for a little while but not as long as me because he has to go home early for his studies. So he is only going to be my companion until Saturday when he leaves, then I am not too sure what is going to happen to me. I might basically be going solo. But we'll have to see. So I now have an assignment that has never before existed in the mission so far. It is an assignment that supposedly Pres. Watts' mission president gave to him at the end of his mission also. My title is "traveling elder" Ha ha ha ha ha! I am basically a stinkin vagabond! Ha ha! But it is SO cool! Elder O. is technically my companion but we don't really work together. Our assignment is to go from area to area visiting and working with other companionships. President told us that he wanted us to work separately and everything, but he didn't tell us where he wanted us to go or anything. he just told us that this week while Elder O. is here he wants us to work here in the capital.
Yeah, so probably just in the capital this week and then after that, Pres. and Hna. Watts are going to be going out of the cap for the mission tour and to do interviews and the way I understand it I will go then. I honestly don't know how we are going to do it, but President did say that starting next week I am going to be out of the capital. So as far as where I go, they just printed us off a list of all of the missionaries and some dat sheets and told us to pray about it and decide who we should visit. So we did and it has been super cool so far! We started that same night. How we do it is we take a taxi to the area we are going to go to at night. We get there and plan with them and then we work with them all day and that night we have another taxi come pick us up to take us to another area! It is super cool! The first area I went to was Durazno, and then I went to an area called El Roble. I went to church with them and everything. And then after that we had a taxi go pick us up and take us to the assistants house so we could have p-day today. We use the assistants house basically as home base. All of our suitcases and everything stay there and we just take like duffle-bags and a sleeping bag with us. Tonight we are each heading to other areas and we are not going to make it back to the Assistants house until Friday!!! Ha ha ha ha! It is super cool! And then, Elder O. has to pack his bags and everything and is going to have dinner with Pres. and Hna. Watts and then his flight leaves on Saturday morning. Like I said, I am not too sure what I am going to end up doing after that, if I am going to be with the Assistants or what. Elder L. told me that there is a chance that Pres. might just have me traveling solo but idk about that. And then the week after concilio, which is the first Tuesday of February, me and the Assistants are probably going up to Polochic to do divisions, all three of us up there all week! Ha ha! It is going to be SO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! This is honestly like the best way ever to end the mission! I am so excited! It is super hard though. I have found in these past few days that, for me, it is a lot harder to work with missionaries than with investigators!!! Ha ha ha! It's going to take some getting used to that's for sure. But I am super excited!!!!!!
I do have to get going though. I am sending a few pictures. Hope you get them. But I will talk to you next week! love you all!!!!! Hey!!!! And my card still isn't working!!! Idk why!!! Gotta go though!
Love you!
Elder Welch
No comments:
Post a Comment