TODAY IS THE DAY THAT HAYDEN LEFT THE CCM!!!
The following is an email that I received form another Guatemala North Missionary Mom. Her son has been out over a year now. It is kind of interesting and gives us a glimpse of what Hade maybe going through today. I believe there are five Elders and one Sister leaving the CCM for Guatemala North today.
Carol Anne,
D. spent his entire MTC experience in Provo and didn't go to the CCM (because it was overloaded with Latino missionaries) so I don't know if they will be able to email today or not. I don't think D. did, but he had just called us from the airport on his way to Guatemala, so his experience was a little different.
Sister Torres will also (probably) post pictures soon of the new missionaries coming into the mission. That's so fun!! When D. went she posted them the same night at about 10:30 and it was such a blessing because then I actually saw a picture of him in Guatemala. However, most of the moms have had to wait a week or more until they are posted. So just keep checking her blog!!
D. will also be getting a new companion. He didn't say anything about training. He has been training a new missionary (Elder J.). He was with Elder J. for 2 changes and now Elder J. is leaving with D. staying. So I don't know if he will still be a trainer for this change. He has been in San Jeronimo since the end of September.
If your son gets Elders F. and H., he will be so lucky!! Elder F. is Tongan and has the Tongan personality! They are great elders. I didn't realize they were MTC companions! Now they get to finish their missions together as trainers! That is so cool. If Elder Welch does go there, my D. will be his District leader :)
I can't wait to hear! The change conference is at 8:00 in the morning, so they will be up and on their way from the CCM early!
If he trains in the city, he will be out doing missionary work tonight. If he goes to Salama with Hess and Fusi, he will travel about 5 hours to Coban, then another 2 back to Salama. If he goes to Peten, he will be on a bus for about 9 hours! In this mission, missionaries NEVER travel alone. He will always have someone with him, even when he is a seasoned missionary. There's a lot of "shifting" in the past couple of days with missionaries going to the city to get new missionaries, missionaries going to the change conference to find out where they are going, etc, then they will get on the bus or whatever transportation they have and head out.
It's fun to think today: will he take a taxi to an area in the city and getting right to work or spend the day on the bus seeing the country!
B.
Another fun note is that Elder M. D. got released from being a Zone leader this change and is headed to the Capital (maybe to be a trainer). That would be weird if Hayden ended up with Elder D!!! or on the rare occasion a few Elders have gone straight to the mountains and Kechi country......Just having a little fun speculating.
This I KNOW he will go where he is supposed to go and he will be willing to do it in typical Hayden style—STOKED!!!
We will just wait and see......I will let you know as soon as I know!
Carol Anne

No comments:
Post a Comment