CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Monday, May 30, 2011

Packages, Health, Fleas and Walking.....

Hey Guys,

So, Not too eventful of a week, so I'll start by answering the questions you had Mom.

Packages: I only got the one but it was the best! I am saving a lot of it for my next change to see where I go. But you don't have to buy new if the other one doesn´t come. That would be way too much money! Vans, I can't decide which ones!  Sorry, ask Lexi, she´ll probably know which ones I would like to have. Cuz after all, we all know she knows me better than I do! But for real, I have no preference. And we were in a paca, (the Guatemalan version of a thrift store) today and I found a brand new pair of ecco´s for 130 quetzals! That´s less than twenty bucks!!! But I didn´t have any money. So we´re going to go back next week to see if they´re still there. But my shoes are holding up just fine so far. There are quite a few elders with the same shoes that I have and they have had them for over a year and they are still like almost perfect.  I think I'll be good. 

Health: I am absolutely fine. My stomach is happy. Well...this week not so much cuz I don´t have any money! Somebody has been robbing money from our cards. They took over 600 quetz from mine and they were supposed to send me cash in pouch but it never came and they were supposed to put our new money for this month on our zone leaders´ cards today so we could get it out but they didnt do that either. So I got sick of not eating so I splurged at pizza hut today with my personal card when we went as a zone! But I'm fine. We´ll get it all worked out I'm sure. Our new cards are supposed to come with pouch this Thursday so we´ll see if they end up doing that...but you never know...

Fleas: I haven´t had them, I may have had like a couple bites, but that´s it. Other elders have had them pretty bad though, so we´ll see how long I can evade them. 

Walking:  I don´t really walk too much...our area is not really too big. It´s one of the smaller ones. 

Oh and the pictures, They didn´t make me homesick. Well of course they did a little...but I loved them! I always love the pictures. So yeah, you can keep sending them for sure.

So anyway, I dont have too much more time, but I'll try and tell you some more about things around here. Elder N. and I have just been working hard with our investigators that have dates. 

When we went to pick one of the ladies up yesterday for church she came out in like her nicest dress and all ready and happier than we´ve seen her yet.  During church she seemed like she was already a member in all the classes and stuff, like answering and asking questions and everything! It was way cool. 

We have family night with a family in the ward that reminds me of being home every time I go there! The G. family. They are way cool and like everyone of them speaks at least a little English. The kids are fluent. But we had a family night with them and with the family that is going to get baptized this Saturday and it was awesome! 

So that´s pretty much all that has happened. Oh and the hermana from my district that was in Polochik for a long time lent me all of her  Kekchi books and her kid´s picture Book of Mormon and stuff so that is pretty much all I have been studying for the past week! It's the best. I can understand a good portion of it now when I read it. There are only three people in my zone that speak it and I hardly ever see them, so I havent got to practice speaking yet or anything. So, if I don't end up getting sent somewhere that speaks Kekchi...I´ve wasted about a week of study...but that´s ok. There are still Kekchi people here in the capital every once in a while that I can contact...

So, that´s pretty much all that is going on down here. So that´s nuts that Utah is going to have a bunch of flooding. I heard about that from somebody I can't remember right now, but that´s nuts. And I did hear about those tornados! That is crazy! This week we had our Priesthood and Relief Society meetings combined and it was like a whole lesson on catastrophe preparedness and all this stuff. It was pretty nuts. And President and Hermana Torres are really pushing that we get our emergency bags put together. Which I still have to do! So I guess I better huh? Alright, well I'm over time. I better go. But, it was good to hear how things are going! Thanks for writting! I love you all a ton. And I'll let you all know next week if I'm going to have a change or not. Love you all!
Love,
Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment