Hey! Wut up eddybody!?
So, first of all, I got sent to an area called San Jeronimo. It is in la zona Verapaz in Baja Verapaz.
I´m not gonna lie. I don´t know what I am going to do when I get back home to Utah. I AM FREEZING! —jaja—(Hayden is officially SPANISH! He has changed from Ha! Ha! to Ja! Ja!...) Just kidding not like way bad but it is seriously cold here.
It was so crazy when I first got here. San Jeronimo is in this valley like up in the mountains so when I came, first I went to Coban to meet my comp, Elder M., then we stayed the night there at the Coban ZL´s house and then we hopped on a bus at like five thirty in the morning. So me and my comp were cruising in this bus through the mountains and I was already super baggy after being in Coban cuz it was cold and everyone was like wearing jackets and like winter clothes and for me, that's home, not the mission...
It just got worst when we were driving because the mountains just started looking more and more like the ones from home! The drive was seriously like I was driving up Cascade, but with a paved road! And then, after I thought it couldn´t get any worse, we pull through the canyon and I can see down into the valley of San Jeronimo and it looked EXACTLY like Heber!!! It was so crazy! It's been a baggy little while! Haha not like in a bad way. This place just reminds me a ton of home. The mountains are ¨igualitas¨!
And then we got to this members house and he goes and puts on Christmas music in English and Bryan´s ¨Little Toy Trains¨ song comes on! That was way funny.
But really I am loving it here. It is a HUGE difference from Dolores and I miss that place SOOO much! But it's really nice here.
It is still only a branch here but it functions like a ward. The members are really united and amazing! We have already recieved a ton of references and they go with us to the lessons and everything! They are really awesome. And my comp said that his last change here they only went to the grocery store one time because they never cooked. The members fed them every day. The only thing that we have made ourselves in the house is cereal in the morning for breakfast! But I really think im going to enjoy it here.
Me and my comp are getting along. He is from Perú! I just told Jordan that too. Ha! ha! (OK— maybe still only half Spanish :) but he´s not from his mission so that sucks but it's still cool. So anyway, it's kinda crazy though. This will be a good change— I think. I sure do miss Dolores though. Soooo much!
My district leader is Elder Godfrey. He goes home this change. My zone leaders are Elder Norton and Elder Contrerez. Elder Contrerez goes home this change too. Oh yeah, my companion has 20 months in the mission so he´s pretty old too. The zone leaders are in our district too so it's going to be kinda crazy. Like half the district is going to peace outta here this change!
Oh yeah, and mom, the soup was SUPER good! I wanted to stay there for Christmas cuz if I did I was going to get to prepare and make soup with six chickens so I could learn how to do it really well! But it's OK. I'm sure I'll get another chance before the mish is over. (Do you get the feeling he keeps reassuring himself that he is OK? It was a tough change for him. Please keep him in your prayers. I have heard that this new area is one of the most beautiful and safe areas in Guatemala. I hope that he learns to love it there. He will! ....Now I am reassureing myself! :)
And that is so true about Elder Holland! It was so crazy! Who told you about that?! Cuz I only talked to like two people about that but they noticed it too! It was so crazy! He started out his talk speaking Spanish and it was obviously written and he was just reading it and even at that it was a little splotchy and then at the end of his talk he started speaking again, reading once again, but then all of a sudden it was just like something clicked and he started baring his testimony like he had been speaking Spanish for years and it was super good and then after that part of his testimony he like clicked back out of it! It was crazy!!!
Alright, well, I better get going. I love you all so much! Thank you for everything! Especially the pictures! The few I could see I loved! A ton! If I get some taken this week I'll try and send some. I love you! Talk to ya´ll next week!
Con amor,
Elder Welch
No comments:
Post a Comment