CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Good P-day!

Hey!!! 


Well that sounds like fun— Ha ha! Good old yearbook camp. Thanks for sending those pictures! That is so awesome! I am doing great! This week was a pretty good one. We have been working so hard to get the coorperation of the ward members for the longest time and we are finally starting to see the results. I just got done writing President Watts about how we have this part-member, inactive family that we have been working with for quite a while now and we haven't been able to see much progress, but at the beginning of the week we got our ward mission leader and our relief society president to come with us and when they opened the door and saw them instead of just us thier attitude was completely different! They totally opened up and listened and really felt wanted. And throughout the week we have gotten our bishop and our elders quorum president and other members of the ward to come out with us and we have like picked specific members to come and visit certain people to make them feel comfortable and so they have friends in the ward and everything and we have started to see such a difference even with this being the first week we have done it. It is amazing. We had three families at church yesterday that we have been trying to get to come for SO long! and they are all super happy! It is so amazing!


But anyway, what about E? Ha ha ha! Isn't he such a stud?! He is such a good guy! And I would LOVE it if he came to live at home after the mission! Oh and I got his mom's email address so you can talk to her. Maybe you wrote it down wrong or something. But she invited us over for dinner yesterday and it was SO! good! and she gave us SO much! Ha ha— it was so funny! She gave us some super good tamales and some really good beans that she makes in her own special favorite way and with toasted tortillas and she serves them with sour cream!!!! First time I had tried it in almost 18 months! Woo Hoo! And then she made us "mole" you'll have to ask Bryan what that is and it was super good and then she had this papaya juice that she made into like a slushy that was so good! and then a mug of this drink called mosh—it is basically oatmeal but it's really good. But it was SO good! and the whole time we were eating she was toasting bread for us so it didn't get cold while we were eating and so it was nice and warm! Ha ha! She is SO nice! So here is her address—she speaks English too so you can write her in English. She has worked in the Distribution Center here in Guatemala for like ten years or more I think! and she is finishing an English translation course. Her name is A. and she is SUPER nice

I also got E's MTC mailing address cuz I didnt know if you got it or not

I love you mom! So much! thank you so much for everything especially everything with E. And his mom was SO thankful. She said to tell you all thank you SO much and E. says you are all INCREDIBLE! haha she read us his emails that he wrote. He really had an amazing time and absolutely LOVED seeing the temple! Thank you so much! Here are some photos for you.







K, the first one is of Elder K's last night with us in the mission before he went home.



The rest are of our p-day today. Elder V. planned a trip to the 3D map of Guatemala today and there is a nice big park right there too so I took the new little football I bought and my baseball mitts and my Frisbee and some other stuff and we just went and hung out in the park and it was super fun!!! I really liked it especially since the only thing that we do for p-day around here is play soccer. I love playing soccer! but it was good to change things up.







And then we went to Subway for lunch and it was INCREDIBLE!!! Ha ha!  I didn't get any pictures of the park though, idk why. I was just having a little too much fun playing Frisbee tag and throwin' the ol' pig skin! Ha ha!



See the cheddar Sunchips?The BEST!!!
It was a good day!


Con amor,
Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment