CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

4th Week at the CCM—Got Made AP!!!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry— I really don't have a lot of time this week so I'm writing real fast! But update, got made AP!!! That's awesome. We are really stoked about that and it's going really well.

(Note from Carol Anne: For those of you who are not familiar with "mission lingo" the following is the official definition of an AP:

 "An Assistant to the President, or AP is the highest level of organizational leadership within a mission next to the Mission President, as the name suggests. This is an assignment from the mission president and not a calling.  APs supervise many of the affairs of the missionaries in a mission. Most missions have 2 APs, but the number and how they function may vary. They are accountable to the Mission President in their mission and generally supervise the activity of the Zone Leaders." 
LICK TO ENLARGE PHOTO—            
 This is the group that left to the field the same day as Hayden.
This photo was taken on Feb. 23rd—the same day that he was put in as the AP.

Hayden and his companion Elder S are APs in the CCM. In the CCM Missionaries come and go quickly staying a total of 6 weeks because of this APs are switched more often than in the mission field leaving opportunity for more missionaries to have the experience. Hayden will report to the CCM President rather than the Mission President. In the CCM they have missionaries who are preparing to go to Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Belize, Honduras, and Costa Rica. Hayden should have a very choice experience in the next few weeks. Way to go Hayden!  This week I asked Hayden to answer a few questions for me so I knew how things were going. My questions are in bold.)

I'll do my best to answer your questions.

How is your health?
Health wise I got real sick one day but it wasn't just me. Half of the CCM was in bed sick. I got over it the fastest though. I just slept for 14 hrs then I was perfectly fine. Elder S though has been sick like a total of a little over a week! It's nuts but he's all better now. 

How are you getting along with your companions?
We are still getting along well. All the Latinos left on Monday and all the new missionaries got here today. They all change out every three weeks—so I will be getting a new Latino companion within the next few days so that will be cool. I really miss all the old ones though—I made quite a few really good friends with them! But these ones will be real good too I'm sure. 

How is the food?
So, food wise, It is Delicious here! But it sure does come with a price if you just eat willy nilly! You definitely have to watch what you eat. For instance, I have totally cut out fruit because it sure does find its way straight through me! But I am the one doing the best out of all the other Norte Americanos in that category! —hahaha

Do you need anything?
It is way nice here so you don't have to worry about anything about my comfort or anything! 
If you are planning on sending anything though I would send it to the mission home though because it will definitely not be here in time. I still have not gotten anything but one dear elder from Lexi.

Are you adjusting to Guatemala?
We went to the marcado yesterday and it was SOOO amazing!!! I am definitely taking all who want to come back when I get home! it is incredible! I am really loving it here. 

I also asked him if he was homesick—he did not answer. I think the next statement was his way of saying yes...and a little nervous....but still doing well.
Don't worry about me though! I'll be fine! I am having an awesome time! That is until I get to my first house and I'm sleeping in the dirt! I just talked to an Hermana whose cousin is in my mission and she said that's how it is! —hahaha —with like just a blanket. I'm stoked!!! 

I hope everything is going alright. Please keep me updated on Dad! and Avery!! They are always in my prayers! I really hope everything is going ok.

Alright, well, I gotta go! I love you all so much! There is a letter in the mail for the fam! I sent it on monday the 21st. Gotta go! Love you so much!
Con amor, Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment