CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 27th (Letter) 2011 PROVO MTC

CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTO      
Hayden in his "SHA-NAZY" brown shoes.
Trust us we all tried to convince him to buy something else.
But...NO....this is all that would do. Oh Hade!
Querida Familia,

?Que pasa con ustedes? i Estay tan agradesco por sus oraciones y apoyo! You guys are the best! So— Today after I got off from e-mailing you guys I received a "package slip". So, I take it into the mailroom to pick up my package and what to my wondering surprise does the girl haul up over the counter? None other than the GIANT Disney Princess Bag? And— Oh boy! Did I ever tote THAT with pride all the way across campus to building 17 M and right on up to my residence! Let me tell you! Ha ha! But for reals it was the best! Thanks for sending me everything! You  didn't have to buy those socks—but it's awesome that you did. Those are the best socks in the world!  I cant find that Burt's Bees anywhere!  I swear I packed it— but —I can not find it! I loved Abby's card! A whole lot! It was so good, I was so impressed! That looked like something Lexi would make like that! So have you two done your little scrap booking thing yet or whatever? And I loved the coin and note from Bryan— that is so cool! I 'm definitely carrying that with me everywhere! "Hot Donuts Now!" Greatest EVER! You guys are the best! I'm gonna try and see if I can call and activate my card tomorrow so we'll see, if not, I will do it from the airport or something— I guess. Avery's letter was like one of my favorite things ever! It made me laugh out loud. How is she doing? I miss her a ton! So...Nothin from Tay...or Dad...I see how it is you two....Just cuz I am on my way to guatemala and you two are stuck in the high school everyday doesn't mean I do not still deserve letters from you. Or even a little note in the family package?! Just kidding, it's cool. That package was awesome!

So, I can't really remember what I wrote in my email, or in my journal or in my letter to Lexi. So I'll just try and tell you everything. I think I am actually getting to be not so bad at singing now though, cuz I actually sing here! Haha. Anyway, so the other day my companion and I realized that it was out last Wednesday here. So we signed up to be hosts for the new missionaries like the ones that help them with their luggage, and take them all around and get all their stuff and everything. Normally they don't let you host until your fourth or fifth week but since we are leaving they let us. That was super fun! I hosted this kid that is going to Shantay's same mission —so that was cool.

The old Espanol is coming quite nicely I think. I've even been teaching some like Spanish lessons to some of the Elders in my district. But during language study time I've been like teaching them lessons like up on the whiteboard and the whole shabang. Ha ha. And my teacher can speak to me in full Spanish I can understand most everything. Still working on speaking and it still takes some focus, but it will come. So I got my haircut today. I haven't had my hair this short since I was like six years old I'm pretty sure. It looks pretty good. It's the best short cut I have had —I think. The girl that did it was way good. There is this Elder in my district named Elder Austed he's  way cool, but he plays a bunch of instruments I guess and he plays blues guitar so that's cool. We talk about that a lot. He is like one of the most interesting people I have ever met. He is one that I would definitely like keeping in contact with. Oh yeah and like I said in my email the food here is TERRIBLE! I am pretty much down to oatmeal w/ brown sugar and raisins for breakfast with the occasional bowl of cold cereal and salad for both lunch an dinner unless there is something that looks decent because those are like the only things worth it! I've lost like three or four pounds since I have been here and I am getting in a lot better shape cuz I am playing basketball and working out everyday. Still not so hot at basketball but I am gettin' there.

Oh Yeah! so I wanted tell you guys especially Dad! You will be so surprised! So there has not been a single time that I have not woken up on time! And Elder Sorenson hasn't had to wake me up once! So how do ya like them apples?! And since we made it a goal, we have not been late to one single thing for like five or six days now! And that might not seem like that big of a deal but it is with all the stuff we have going on! And we are the only ones in our district who come even close to being on time for everything! Never thought you'd see the day did ya?!

Alright well it is gettin' pretty late I probably ought to start gettin ready for bed. I am feeling like I have forgotten  to tell you something but I can not think of it., I am pretty sure it is not important but just in case I remember; I won't seal it until tomorrow. Love you all so much! And miss you a ton! You guys are the best! Thanks for all the letters, they really mean a lot! And if you can send some more pictures! I love pictures! Make sure they are not like the originals or anything if you do. Just in case. Well, Next time you hear from me will probably be at the airport, if not, from lGuratemala.
copn mucho amor, Elder Welch

addition the next morning

Sorry, I told you I was gonna try and call from Alanta but I'm probably going to try from Salt Lake first. —so Monday, night between like 9:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. or Tuesday morning at like five in the morning or something. Alright! Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment