Hey so these are pictures of me saying good bye in San Jeronimo.
![]() |
| Then there is one of me in my Christmas Story PJ´s (Thanks Aunt Kris and Lani!) with my Egg Nog that I found in the store in San Jeronimo and it was SUPER good! |
Now —on to today.
OK— So HEY! Sorry to catch you by surprise—writing on Saturday! Don't worry, I´m not being disobedient or anything using Internet today, and once again, don´t feel bad mom! I sent his email, got off quickly this morning and missed him by a couple of minutes! He had a couple of things he wanted to ask me. I know that you were definitely not expecting me to email today, but...ya better get used to it. I am now in the office as the new pouch elder and our pdays are on Saturday. So the good news, I get mail faster than anyone else in the mission! Ha ha! But no, it is way cool. I only have like three days being here. Really only two days in the office, but I like it. It is SUPER different! Not even the same world as before, but it's OK. I like it.
I get to be with Elder T. all the time and I love that kid! He is sooo cool! And also I get to see President and Hermana Watts so that is awesome! When President gave me my interview he told me that at pretty much my exact time in the mission he got called to be in the office too, and he told his president no, that he didn't want to go to the office, but of course, he ended up going anyway and he ended up loving it. And I'm sure that I am going to end up loving it too.
But anyway, my companion´s name is Elder C. He is from Costa Rica. He is a good guy. He´s kinda funny. He gets really frustrated about things really easy, but he´s a good guy. Ha ha!. We already have some good investigators that we are working with. It is SO different teaching in the capital! I don't wanna say it but its true...the people, for the most part, are just like so much more intellectual and educated. It is like I am teaching completely different lessons now than I have been before. I don't know how to explain it really, but it is definitely going to take some getting used to. But we are doing really well with the area. It is way different because we are in the office all day from early morning until five in the evening. We don't even get study time in the morning, which I miss a WHOLE lot! And then at five we go back to our area and we have until nine or nine thirty to work, so we have to be really efficient in the work in the area. And something else super weird is that we share the area with the finance elders and the AP´s. Its not divided or anything. We just all work in the area together. I knew that before, but it is still super weird getting used to.
So, just a little about the day today, we all woke up this morning and went and played basketball on the little half court that we have in the colonia where we live and that was way fun! I hadn´t played basketball since the MTC! It was way awesome! After that, we all deep cleaned the house for the first time I think, in like six months! Ha ha! It was pretty crazy! It is way crazy though because we have like a real, straight up house. Not like a mission house. We even have an oven, a toaster oven, a washing machine, a dryer, a really nice iron, a hose out back, planter pots, a back hard with a little patio. It is NUTS! But anyway, we did a super good job cleaning! We even found food in the fridge that was Elder Davis´s! Ha ha! It was crazy! But we got it super clean, and then we came to this mall place. I can´t remember what its called, but it is really nice. And we all ate lunch in the food court. I had Wendy´s and that was absolutely delicious! And then we just came here to use Internet.
Alright, got a little more time, so I´ll tell you a little about an investigator we have. I don´t really know him that well, we´ve only visited him once, but his name is C. My companion calls him Rey Lamoni! He is an evangelical pastor, but he LOVES to listen to us. The lesson we had was kinda like an argument at some points but not like a bad one, a good one, because he just has so many questions! It is super awesome because he has so many good questions though. He really wants to learn. He´s kinda hard though, its hard for him to accept some things, but I know that he will eventually, and when he does, he is going to be SUCH a strong member! I hope everything works out with him!
Con amor,
Elder Welch

No comments:
Post a Comment