CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Saturday, January 28, 2012

So in the "office" my job is like a mix between that of Jim and Pam....

Hey!!!!!!

So, I have to tell ya, idk why, but that was one of my favorite letters! Ha! Ha! It sure did make my day! You are the best Mom. I am so glad to hear how everyone is doing and everything! I sure hope that dad gets feeling better and Abby too. Well, and Bryan and Whitney too... Ha! Ha! I guess everyone basically is sick, but even with that, it still sounds like everyone is doing really awesome. Tay, you are the freaking man!!!!! I SOOO wish I could have been there to see that drum off!!!!!!! When I read that you got the drum off part I totally freaked out. You should know I brag about you all the freakin time! You are such a stud!!!!! And I am glad to hear that you are still chillin with good ol´ Ben! Tell him that I say hi. I love that kid. And that is really good to hear that C. is doing so well. Tell him that I say hi and I miss him a ton next time you see him. I always wanna write him but idk....kinda sketchy....
 
But anyway...things are going really well here. It's been kinda weird in the office this past week cuz the AP´s haven't been there. I am SOOOOOO jealous! They flew to Petén with Pres and Hermana Watts for zone conference!!!! The jerks! Ha ha! They left me stuck in the office! But it's OK....I'm really getting to know the office better. It´s taking me a little longer than I thought it would to ¨agarar la onda¨ as we say here but it is not a hard job at all. So, I will give you a brief overview of ¨the office¨. So, my job is kind of like a mix between that of Jim and Pam. Ha ha! We have to call all around finding out what materials we need and where they are and then we have to organize all of the shipments and a lot of the time do the deliveries of all of it. And not only materials, but all of the mail and packages too. We are also known as the ¨secrateries¨ of the mission. So all of the forms and papers and anything that has to do with indexing like baptismal records and stuff we do. Also whenever there is like a project like that has to be designed and printed off for the mission we do that too...idk it sounds like a lot, but its really not. But I kinda like it. A lot of the stuff I do takes me right back to being in yearbook!  So anyway, I am like Jim. And, you could definitely say that my companion, is like Dwight. They even have the same job. Now, Elder LP...definitely Andy....even down to the singing. He is Andy to the T. Except instead of Cornell, it's BYU. His companion, with exception of the gay factor of course, is like Oscar. Except a way cooler and buff version. Ha ha! I haven´t decided who the AP´s are like though. That´s a little different. But that is what I have come up with so far.
 
We have some really good investigators though and I have a really awesome story to tell you about a reference that just happened today, but write me in your letter next week and tell me to write about it because now my time is up. And I will keep sending more orphanage pictures. Tell Gma and Gpa thank you so much for writing! I love it! And I will try and make time next week to write them too. I love you all SOOOOOO much! Have a great week and I will be praying for you all!
 
Con amor,

Elder Welch

1 comment:

Kristin Welch said...

I hear Hayden has met Sister Green. The daughter of one of my bosses. She posted in her letter to her dad that she met an Elder Welch in the office from Utah & he said his aunts work with her dad...small world huh? We've been talking about the day they would meet....small world.

Post a Comment