CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi Everyone,


Mom—Ha ha! Happy Valentine's day to you too!!!! I sure wish I was there to be able to make some pizzas with you! Ha ha ha! But I sure will try to study about Joseph. We really have super limited time here, especially with some of the projects I'm going to start trying to do, but promise I will do my best. No, we didn't have anything to do with the Worldwide Leadership Training...but that is way cool. Was it like a presentation on Guatemala? or what? How is the family doing? any funny stuff happen lately? I loved the pictures Abby sent! They were the best! Holy crap though! You were right about Taylor Mom...I hardly even recognized him! and Elder LP saw it and said that he looks just like me! Ha ha! Thanks Mom. You are the best mom I could ask for! 

Taylor and Abby—Thanks for the letters, wut up g-units?! How´s things?! I'm still in the process of reading your letter Abby. I just finished Taylor's, but it sounds like you guys are doing pretty well. I loved the pictures a ton. Thank you Abby! And I love hearing from both of you Abby and Taylor! And Abby don't ever think that I am bored of hearing from you!!! Ha ha! You are my baby sister! and your the best ever— no battle!!! I always love to hear from all of you.

Hey dad. Thanks. You really are the best. I miss you a ton, and I am so glad I have such an amazing dad. For real. I really have been thinking about it a lot lately and you really are one of my best friends and I wouldn't give that up for the world. Thank you for everything. I don't know where I would be without you. And I'm not going to lie...all that goofing around I did in your yearbook class sure is paying off here in the office! I have already altered and made new agenda cover protectors for the mission and I am going to start making new booklets, like covers and everything that we give out to all the missionaries that come into the mission and the ones that are leaving. I really love it. It reminds me of you a ton. Thank you for being so amazing dad and thank you for all you do for me.

So— I am doing great. I love the mission SO much!  The office is treating me alright. I sure do miss the jungle though—more than anything! But I know that I am supposed to be here and I know that good things are happening. And no, I am not homesick. I miss you guys a ton of course, if I didn't there would be problems, but that doesn't mean I'm homesick. I know I'm supposed to be here and I love it! So, about that, I have some news. Being in the office, we get the privilege of knowing our change a little earlier— So, here it goes—I am leaving the office and going back to Dolores!!!!! Ha ha! Just kidding! I am still in the office, but my companion has a change. It's pretty crazy though because usually the people that are in the office have two changes being trained and then their comp. heads out but I only have had one and now I have to do everything on my own! But it will be good. I'm getting to like it more. I have loved everywhere I have been so far in the mish and here is no different. I love the people, I love being around President and Sister Watts, and Elder T! And, idk...things are going well. We have a lot of investigators that we are teaching. They all have their challenges though, but we are helping them out a lot. The biggest problem we are finding is that the parents are not married and in a lot of cases, are married but not with the person they are living with. They have separated and have gotten together with someone else without getting divorced and getting divorced here is like cutting off your right arm basically! But we are doing well. We have actually been working with a family lately that the lady is a member but the guy is not and when we got there they were at the point of separating but we have helped them to the point that they are really talking and praying about staying together and getting married and the guy getting baptized. They are still having their problems of course, but they really are progressing so much. We have quite a few families with different situations, but we are seeing the same progress. I know this change we are going to see great things. Especially now that I am going to get to be working more directly with Elder B, the financial Elder that is staying in the office with me this change. He and I had a planning meeting this morning about what we can do to better the in area and it went super well. We are going to change a few things and put a few ideas that we have into practice so that we can get the members more involved so that we can use the little time that we do have in the area to work more efficiently. It is going to be super good!
Anyway, that is just a whole bunch of boring missionary stuff! ha ha I will send this and then send more pictures!!! I try to explain that it is the "boring" stuff that a mom loves to hear....he is getting better at sharing it. :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so here are the pictures of our office breakfast!!!!  
This is the picture of the table that I set! It still didn't have all the food on it yet, but you get the idea...

...and then there is one of me and my companion, Elder C.  I am holding a giant plate of bacon! OHHHHHHHH—that was so good!!! 

Then there is one of Sister Watts and I. She is the best!!!!!

This is one with all of us in the kitchen cooking.

The first one is Elder T. cooking the pancakes. He is in Peten right now the lucky sucker! Right next to Dolores!!!!!!!

The first two pictures here are from the dining room window in President and Sister Watts´ house. The two like blueish skyscrapers that you can see is EuroPlaza. that is where our office is.



Then there is a picture that we took with President after we were all done chatting and visiting before we headed out.


Alright, I gotta get going. I love you all so much and I always love to hear from you. Oh! and tell Grandma Murdock that yes, there is a bishops storehouse here so not to worry—all of her efforts are well worth it! Ha ha! I love you! I'll talk to you all next week!

Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment