CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE

Saturday, March 3, 2012

That is what I love about being in the office!!!

Hi Mom,

Ha ha! Well done, well done. No, I am good. How are you doing? I mean despite the fact that you just got sprayed in the face with paint! Ha ha!

I am doing super awesome! Today has been a really good day. We got up and me and Elder N who is pretty much my best friend in the office, maybe even the mission, got up and lifted and did exercises.  Then we both cleaned the entire house. Then me Elder N. and Elder B. went and played basketball— they are awesome. My comp went with the assistants to the suit tailor place so it was just us three. Then we went and picked my comp up and printed pictures. I printed a lot more of the fam that you have sent me and then we came here to the mall and ate. I had Subway and then we found this Gellato place so me and Elder N. got gellato and it was super good! Oh yeah, and Mom just in case you want to know that is Elder N. the finance elder.  The pretty new elder. Not the Assistant Elder N. He is from Kaysville. I have no idea who his mom is though. He doesn't have very much time. This is only his third change. Yeah and I'm still super good friends with T. I learn so much from him! He is awesome! 

Oh yeah and I did get both of the packages!!!!! I got them on Tuesday when we went to the post office. They were the best!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite part by far was the photo album!!! It was perfect! And I am sharing all that candy with everyone in the office! Ha ha! Cuz if I don't, I am going to freaking be rolling out of the office! Ha ha ha! The chocolates were not melted. A little shaken up but not melted. And I've only eaten a couple but they were super good! 


About the news, it was a little hard, but I am alright. I was over at President and Sister Watts` house helping them and they just had me come into President's office with them and they told me. But they are so amazing! I was a little scared though, because at first they just said your grandpa. If it would have been Grandpa Murdock, that would have been totally unexpected! I at least had an idea that Grandpa Cleve was getting to that point. But then Sister Watts jumped in and was like now this is your grandpa that has been sick!  And she like grabbed my hand and stuff. She is the best! I love them so much! That is what I love about being in the office!!!!!!

Oh and about our investigators, we are kinda having a tough time. We have a ton of families that we are teaching, but they all have like big things that are keeping them from progressing. Like my favorite family that we are teaching, E, M and their awesome little son C. who is like a year and eight months old, M. is a member but E. isn't. He really loves everything that we teach and share and everything and he really wants to get baptized and do everything. But he studies on Sundays from seven to two in the afternoon and works from Monday to Saturday. A good job is super hard to come by like the one he has to provide for his family and to be able to study is even more important and harder to do! So it is so hard to try and get him to leave those things to go to church. But the last lesson we had with him I just straight up told him. It hurts me to tell you this, but you have to choose. Your wife wants you to be with her at church and I know you want to be there too. But you have to give something up. But I know that if you do, God has something even better for you prepared. You just have to do your part. So that night he said that he had even been thinking about quitting his job to find a new one so he can be able to change his study schedule! It is so hard but I know that if he does it and shows his faith, he will be SOOOO blessed for it! But we`ll see how things work out. And there are things like that with like every single one that we have! It is pretty hard. 

Well I have to go. My time is up. I love you so much and I'll talk to you next week!!!

Con amor,
Elder Welch

This is an email to his sister Abby.

You bum!!! Yeah I love that song! We'll have to play the piano when I get home Abs! I love it! Send me that song!!! Ha ha ha ha! Just kidding. I miss my music SOOOOOOOO much though! We are going to have to have a sick music-listening-to-fest when I get home! Deal? ha ha! I love you too Abby! A ton! Oh yeah, and I thought you might like to know, I can now play 'Faithfully' by Journey on the piano! Ha ha! Elder Nelson thought me! Ha ha! But how are you Abs?

Ha ha! And I thought the same thing! I thought for sure I would die without music too! But, even though it is super tough—it is definitely worth it!  I will have plenty of time to listen to music in not too long! 


Well I have to get going!


Con amor,
Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment